COVID19 protocols are in place. Masks and social distancing are required at all times.
AFFORDABLE WAYS TO ACQUIRE AND MAINTAIN A BIKE
PRE-LOVED BICYCLES FOR SALE
Refurbished bicycles for children and adults.
SWEAT EQUITY PROGRAM
Earn your bike for free!
A DO-IT-YOURSELF BICYCLE SHOP!
NEWS AND EVENTS
Cycle Transitions has secured Canada Summer Jobs funding again so we’ve hired a student and will have him start this week Wednesday. With the addition of the summer employee, we’ll increase the hours that we’re open as well – with COVID-19 protocols in place, of course!
I welcome Paul Riccio to the Cycle Transitions’ family. Paul is a Cobourg resident, goes to Carleton University in Ottawa. He has an extensive background in the service industry and is eager to get “his hands dirty” doing some bike work.
Starting Wednesday, June 10, our new shop hours will be:
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm to 8:30pm
- Friday 3:30pm to 8:30pm
- Saturday 9am to 3pm
If you would like to do work on your bike, go to our website where there’s a feature to make an appointment. We ask everyone to bring a mask to wear while at CT.
Cycle Transitions is now open again. We are allowing members to once again make use of our workshop for bicycle repairs. Appointments will need to be made. You can do this by going to our website (www.cycletransitions.org) where you will be able to click on an appointment link, fill out your request for a time slot in the shop.
COVID protocol is in place
Due to the latest provincial government directive, all non-essential operations must shut down. For all I’d like to think we’re essential, we’re not. So, effective immediately, and until further directives, we are shutting down.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email (email@example.com). We’ll try to accommodate as many as we can as soon as we’re back up and running (cycling?). In the meantime, be calm, be cool, ride on!!
Due to the continueing measures to address the spread of COVID-19, Cycle Transitions will only be open for members by appointment only. This way we are able to control the number of folks visiting and keep our “social distancing”.
If you would like to work on your bike, get it ready for Spring riding, please contact us (email is the best method) about scheduling an appointment. Dates available are Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. We still ask you to abide by the following:
- Stay home and don’t come to CT if you’re feeling sick. Our staff is being given the same strict instructions.
- Please refrain from visiting the shop if you’ve been abroad. Wait at least 14 days beforing coming in. Same for staff!
- A.B.W. (Always Be Washing) Rule. When you arrive at CT, we will ask you to sanitize your hands (we’ll have sanitizer available as soon as we can get some) or wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before working on your bike and again after working on your bike. Our mechanics will be sanitizing or washing their hands between each customer they assist with bicycle repair.
- Clean tools, clean stands. Since we share surface areas (tools and stands) at CT, we will wiping used tools and each stand down between members.
- Gloves if you need them. CT will provide gloves if you’d like to use them when working on your bike. Feel free to bring your own if you have them.
- Be Cool Be Calm Ride On. These are precautions, we are taking this seriously, and these are not reasons to panic. So keep riding and stay healthy because there has never been a better time to be on a bike.