Cycle Transitions (CT) is a volunteer-run organization, which means that it’s people like you who have the power to directly & personally create better access to cycling in Cobourg!
Do you like:
- Meeting and working with other people?
- Tackling puzzles and innovating creative solutions?
- Teaching and sharing new skills with other people?
- Making your local cycling community stronger with your own two hands?
Consider volunteering at CT! It’s a great, vibrant community, and offers the opportunity to build real-world skills as you teach and learn with members.
- Membership All volunteers require a membership to the shop.
- Optional People interested in volunteering are encouraged to come by the shop and use it as a member first, working on a bike of their own. This gives you a chance to become familiar with the way the shop works, the people who use the space, and how the volunteers teach before you commit to investing your time. It also gives us a chance to get to know you.
- Apply When filling out a membership form, individuals can add to the form such information as the type of volunteering of interest, when and how often. If already a member, individuals can let one of the admin folks know (on duty each opening session).
- Orientation Volunteer candidates will be invited to a volunteer orientation/training session, held monthly.
- Teacher Mechanic
We’re looking for volunteers (especially women) who are interested in learning to be teacher mechanics, and committed to spend 3 hours for a session or two a month working with community members on their bike projects. Advanced bike mechanic knowledge isn’t necessary, but a willingness to learn & share your knowledge is! Email for more info.
- Administration Volunteer
We need individuals who can do basic administration work and keep our shop organized when we’re open. You’ll be tracking who is coming in, dealing with any sales transactions, taking phone calls and messages, opening and closing the facilities. Email for more info.
- General Bike Volunteer
We need individuals who can do various needed tasks. Included in these are: refurbishing bikes, tearing down bikes for parts, and organizing parts bins.
Cycle Transitions is always looking for:
- Drop-in help for organizing and cleaning the shop. Got an hour? We always have parts to sort and things to clean. These are small tasks that go a long way to keeping the shop running smoothly for everyone!
- Dump/Scrap metal drop-offs. Put your motorized vehicle to good use! We frequently have quantities of things to go to the dump or recycling facility. Send us an email to see where the current load needs to go.
- Donated Bikes/Parts/Tools. Support B!KE with materials rather than time! We appreciate the donation of any functional bikes, parts or tools- please no overly rusty or damaged things though.
- Creative talents. Do you have a cool idea for some CT swag? Can you make buttons? Design or print T-shirts? Paint signs? Express yourself for a great cause!
- Do you have any other skills or interests that you think would benefit CT? Let us know!