If you haven’t already heard, CT has a new home – 390 King St W, the old Public Works building. We are in the process of finalizing move-in details and plan to be up and running by mid-April. We extend words of appreciation to the Town Council and staff for making this possible!!
Our exact plans for moving in have not been finalized as we are awaiting keys, something we hope happens in the next day or two. Here are some tentative plans we give at this point:
- Saturday, March 17 (morning) – clear space, mark layout for perimeter fence within building
- Monday, March 19 to Friday, March 23 – installation of fencing
- Saturday, March 24 (morning) – complete fencing, unload semi-trailer of stored assets (need lots of folks for this one!)
- March 26 to April 13 – set up and preparations for opening
- Nothing planned for Easter weekend
- Saturday, April 15 – Grand Re-Opening!
If you are able and willing to assist with our preparations, please send an email to email@example.com with particulars of how you can assist and your availability. A follow-up email will be sent out to confirm dates/activities. We need help with the following:
- Clearing stored materials from space alloted to us
- Setting up partition fencing (and anchoring to cement floor)
- Unloading semi-trailer
- Setting up shop
- Administration planning
- Media – getting out the word that CT will be opening again
- Planning the Grand Re-Opening
- Refurbishing bicycles once the shop has been set up
As well, if you’d like to volunteer on a regular basis as a bicycle mechanic/assistant or an admin person (we’ll give lots of training), or in some other capacity, please let us know.